We are now looking to recruit a Trainee Accountant to assist the work in several of our offices with the continual support and development of our financial services business across the FDC Group.
As a Trainee Accountant, you will assist the FDC Group with the building and development of its current business by serving its clients. These roles are open in the following offices Bandon (starting Spring 2022), Cork City Centre (June 2022), Dungarvan (June 2022), Kanturk / Tralee (June 2022), Listowel (June 2022), Newcastle West (Spring 2022) and Skibbereen (Spring 2022).
- Accounts preparation
- VAT & payroll
- Tax returns (income and collection)
- Project work
- Learn though doing (inputting) and one-to one instruction on accounting packages.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Tax knowledge would be beneficial (tax modules completed)
- Motivated, organised and a team-player
- T. literate with a knowledge of Excel and Word
- Demonstrate a commitment to obtaining a professional qualification
Minimum education and work experience required:
- Holds a relevant honours primary degree
- Fluency in English (Written and Oral)
- Permitted to work in Ireland
- Working towards becoming a qualified accountant in some instances.
Benefits for the successful applicant:
- Competitive Salary
- Continuous professional development
- Paid study leave when required
- Exposure to a wide range of clients
- Exam and course fees Paid for.
- Full training provided on all systems