Building your Business Plan
Trust FDC to be your partner in devising an individualized business plan to propel you towards success.
As some of us drive our businesses in an ad-hoc way and attempt to create the opportunities as we move along, others amongst us attempt to develop a long term vision for their businesses… and what many of us call a business plan. Trust FDC to be your partner in devising an individualised business plan to propel you towards success. A business plan should list the short-term and long-term goals and the actions required to achieve said goals. Goals are very useful in helping make the correct decisions about what opportunities to seek, approaching these opportunities appropriately and identifying the activities that will make these goals a reality.
So, how should you guide your business? Any self-respecting business owner should come up with some level of a plan using some of the following steps:
- Identify your options.
- Prioritise them based on the business objectives.
- Consider factors beyond personal preferences such as demand, risk, difficulty, etc.
- Set your goals to drive some level of an action plan.
- Create your action plan and owners of the action. When you can’t take ownership to deliver the action, look for alternatives.
- Deliver on the action plan and modify as needs be.
These are the six steps to develop a business plan. While all these steps are practical, you may still still require assistance. This is where FDC Group can help. With our extensive training backed up by experienced professionals, we offer the guile to make these business plans a reality.
With FDC Group Training (https://www.fdc.ie/what-we-do/training/), we encourage any business owner to look at 5-Levels in building your own business:
- Level 1: – Build your Knowledge: – Awareness is an essential key to any business and so is knowledge. Build your knowledge and build awareness around it. Talk to people, research and be patient. Knowledge is one of the key factors to developing your business. Sometimes this is done through exposure rather than through practice.
- Level 2: – Gain Exposure: – Even though you know what you want to do, you may not apply it every day. Start assuming responsibility for all of your actions and never blame anyone for your mistakes. That’s the worst thing someone can do. Do not take things personally, and be calm by building exposure thorough experiences and challenges.
- Level 3: – Build your Training: – Training can influence the way we think, believe and behave. Undertake training in a way that makes you purposeful and is a catalyst for improvement.
- Level 4: – Become the Subject Expert: – Big companies are spending hundreds of millions in order to establish themselves as the “big dogs” in the marketplace. It is an old business strategy used by almost every professional company. Your branding is your image in the marketplace. Become a leader through your expertise. Show what you know by creating a profile in your community.
- Level 5: – Stand up on your own Two Legs: – Create those opportunities and connections for yourself and when meeting new people, use it as a chance to stand up and showcase you as a business. It is time to make the money from your services, your knowledge, your network and create those lasting profitable relationships.
It is a ‘5 Level Business Ladder’ where patience is a virtue and developing certainly takes patience in addition to good planning and education. Come join us at FDC Training to experience some of the education and meet our professional to get to the next step.