Are there any tax incentives for investing in energy saving equipment or systems?
- Rising gas and electricity prices have become a major cause of concern for most businesses.
- People are considering their options such as switching suppliers or looking at investing in energy-saving technology.
- The Accelerated Capital Allowance (ACA) is a tax incentive scheme that promotes investment in energy efficient products and equipment.
- The ACA scheme is available to sole traders, farmers and companies that are liable to tax in Ireland.
- To qualify for this scheme certain criteria must be met.
- If you are considering investing in energy efficient equipment for your business, it is essential that you speak with your local accountant to ensure that all the criteria for the ACA scheme are met.
Sinead Deane is an accountant with FDC in Bandon.