Volatility brings change, but opportunity, too
- We usually associate volatility with large degree of change and fluctuations.
- We have seen unimaginable price fluctuations on so many of our day-to-day consumables.
- Careful planning is key for everyone when working our way through such periods.
- It is important to take longer term approaches despite the shorter-term volatility, to remain committed to the longer term plan.
- Make sure to have enough reserves to meet the emergency needs that can crop up due to unforeseen circumstances.
- It is imperative to reach out to get assistance with this planning and work our way through such periods.
Seamus O’Mahony is a certified financial planner with FDC Financial Services in Bandon, Bantry, Castletownbere, Millstreet and Skibbereen