Scaling Agile using Disciplined Agile (DA)
Objective:- Though everyone is going agile these days, a common complaint is that agile development doesn’t scale well. Many of the concepts and recommendations, like using small, self-managing teams, work well for small projects. But guidance may be lacking when it comes to coordinating multiple teams working on a large-scale project, especially in early phases of the project, before coding begins.
A number of agile frameworks are now available for large-scale enterprise projects, but the first step in choosing one to fit your organisation’s needs is education. This course focuses on Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD) as a scaling model. It provides a quick overview, describes the strengths and weaknesses, and looks at how to use the frameworks for scaling agile within the enterprise.
Audience:- This is a course that is beneficial for those who entered the world of Agile and Disciplined Agile Methods and are looking at the prospect of scaling agile. It may be of particular benefit to those who have multiple years of management experience and are looking to embrace a method of agile continuous delivery. This is a course that can be customised to reflect the experiences and levels of participants.
Duration:- 2 days
Learning Objectives: After completing this course, you should learn:
- the values, principles, and practices of what it means to work in an agile and lean way
- the value of limiting work in progress and strategies to minimise waste and optimise the whole system
- understanding discipline agile and it’s frameworks as a method of delivery
- develop a learning mindset in the mainstream business and underlying lean and agile processes to drive innovation
- examining the scaling methods within Disciplined Agile and how they work
Course Content – The following areas will be covered:
Day 1: - The Scope of Agility
- The Scope of Agility
- Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD).
- Disciplined DevOps.
- Disciplined Agile IT (DAIT).
- Disciplined Agile Enterprise (DAE).
- Agility at Scale
- Scaling agile at the team level (tactical agility at scale).
- Scaling agile at the organizational level (strategic agility at scale
Day 2: - Strategic Scaling of Agile
- Tactical Scaling – Scaling an Agile Team
- Apply agile on teams of all sizes,
- Tailoring of the Disciplined Agile toolkit – context counts.
- Strategic Scaling – Organizational Agility
- Application of agile and lean strategies across your entire organisation
- The PMI ATP logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.