Disciplined Agile Senior Scrum Master (DASSM)
Objective:- The DALSM Certification is designed to help leaders, such as Scrum Masters, of Agile teams to find solutions to delivery challenges. The course is based on the Choose you WoW Disciplined Agile Delivery Handbook which provides guided continuous improvement for teams looking to become effective at software delivery using Agile techniques.
This course will look at how to employ concepts such as eliminating waste, cost of delay, quality, rapid feedback and response, and the role of management. It also covers all aspects of Disciplined Agile, including its conceptual basis, how it is organised, roles and team structures, and its overall scope.
The Disciplined Agile Lean Scrum Master (DALSM) training and certification provides tools and strategies to help you lead an agile team, influence people, find solutions to delivery challenges quickly and to tailor your agile implementation using “best” or simply “practices” that match and reflect the unique situation of your team finds itself in.
Audience:- This 3 Day Disciplined Agile Lean Scrum Master is appropriate for Leaders who are considering DA for their teams and want to get a better understanding of an agnostic agile approach to scaling agile across the business. Anyone who needs to lead an Agile or Lean team in an enterprise environment should think of this course.
Certification:- The DALSM Certification test fee is included in the registration fee. The test is a non-proctored online test.
Duration:- 3 days
Learning Objectives: After completing this course, you should learn how to:
- understand the basics of Lean including; Principles of Lean, the time aspects of Lean, Value Stream Mapping,
- understand the role of management in Value Streams, understand how to use plan-do-study-act (PDSA) approach to optimisation of value delivery.
- discover the elements and scope of Disciplined Agile and understand the full range of business agility,
- learn how to organise people into agile teams and understand where you fit into an agile team or organisation,
- organise the flow of work within a team and across teams and learn how teams can work differently yet still be governed consistently.
- learn how to lead your team through a tailoring workshop to identify their initial way of working (WoW)
- select the best-fit lifecycle for your team and choose the Disciplined Agile goal diagrams that are most relevant to your team’s situation
Course Content – The following areas will be covered:
Day 1 - Foundations of Lean Agenda
- What lean is and what it is not
- Value: understanding the value of the products and services we provide
- The value stream: understanding how we provide this value
- Flow: understanding how our work is done most effectively
- Pull: understanding a different way of managing work
- Perfection: we strive for perfection, not so much to achieve it but to continuously improve
Day 2 - Disciplined Agile Foundations
- The Disciplined Agile Mindset
- The seven principles of DA
- The Disciplined Agile Manifesto
- Overview of Disciplined Agile
- Layers of organisational agility
- Lifecycles – Team and value stream (DA FLEX)
- Goal diagrams – How to read and how to use
- Complex adaptive systems
- People and Teams
- Roles and responsibilities
- Team structures
- Team Agility
- Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD)
- Agile business teams
- Agile service teams
- Organisational agility
- Value streams
- Disciplined DevOps
- Disciplined Agile IT (DAIT)
- Disciplined Agile Enterprise (DAE)
- Disciplined Agile FLEX
- Lean Governance
Day 3 - Choosing Your WoW ( Way of Working)
- Getting started and familiar with the Process Tool
- DA principles and complex adaptive systems (CAS)
- Five steps to choosing your team’s way of working (WoW)
- Analyse the context
- Select best-fit lifecycle
- Connect the dots
- Make some choices
- Guided continuous improvement
- Working through scenario 1 using the five steps of choosing your team’s WoW
- Working through scenario 2 using the five steps of choosing your team’s WoW
- The PMI ATP logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.