Project Management Professional (PMP)® Preparation Course
Objective:- This project management course (Project Management Professional (PMP)® Certification Course) will give participants foundation, experience, techniques and tools to manage the various aspects of a project. This is a Project Management course that is based on application with a broad array of practical experiences that can immediately be applied. The Project Management course will cover the content of the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) and present the information that is examined on the Project Management Professional (PMP)®. This is Project Management Certification preparation course, and is suitable for anyone who wants to ensure success in the (PMP)® Certification exam.
Format:- Virtual session with simulated exams
Audience (Application Level):- Anyone wishing to take the PMP® Project Management Professional Certification exam
PMP® Exam Simulator:- As part of the course, you will receive full access to Turlon’s Award Winning Exam Simulator https://www.projecttraining.ie
Benefits:- This Project Management Course will be of benefit to learners who identify the importance of the PMP® accreditation. The Course will highlight the working of the PMBOK® Guide.
Learning Objectives:- After completing this course, you will know how to:
- understand the exam process (i.e. application procedure to taking the exam)
- identify the attributes of being a project manager
- understand the significance of good project governance
- define project objectives and create a project scope plan
- describe how a work breakdown structure is used as an input to developing a project plan
- understand the benefits of effective project planning and control
- deliver and manage an effective project management plan
- distinguish between risk and issue management and how to do it.
- monitor and communicate project progress on a timely basis
- understand the basis behind effective project leadership
- understand and plan for project success and closure
- understand how to work in an agile / waterfall environment
- understand how to work with diverse stakeholders in a project delivery environment
Course Content – The following areas will be covered:
Course Day 1: The Delivery Framework
Topic 1: – Introduction to PMP®Exam and overview of PMP® Application
Topic 1: – Project Framework/ Structure
- Understanding Waterfall, Iterative and Agile
- Focus on how the PMBOK® Guide is used.
- Presentation of a Project Delivery Model
Topic 3: – Creating a High-Performance Team
- Focus on what it takes to build and empower a team including negotiations
Course Day 2: Starting a Project
Topic 4: – Working in Virtual Teams
- How to build shared understanding in a virtual team and working in that environment
Topic 5: – Starting a Project
- Looking at appropriate methods and practices for scoping and planning a project
Topic 6: – Establish Project Governance
- Understanding how to Integrate project planning activities to promote structure and direction
Course Day 3: Doing the Project Work
Topic 7: – Doing the Work – Deliver Value
- Understanding how to execute the project to deliver business value
Topic 8: – Doing the Work – Managing Progress
- Understanding how to keep the team on track during project execution
Course Day 4: Keeping the Business in Mind
Topic 9: – Keeping the Business in Mind
- Understand how to manage project compliance requirements
- Understand how to evaluate and deliver benefits
Topic 10: – Process Mapping
- Mapping the PMBOK® Guide into a Project Delivery model. Live scenarios of how this can be done
Topic 11: – Preparing for the PMP® Exam.
- Undertake a two-hour Sample PMP®and review questions to ensure clarity on question answering techniques
Once the course is completed, we provide a full coaching service with the provision of Sample Exams and assistance until exam is completed.
- PMP is a registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- PMBOK is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- The PMI Authorised TRaining Provider (ATP) logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
If this course is not scheduled here then just complete this form, and we can arrange a custom date for you