Maximising Forestry Tax Benefits for Farmers in Ireland: A Guide
Article by John Coombes.
- A new forestry programme for 2023-2027 will launch later this year
- Farmers and landowners can benefit from grants, income tax-free earnings, and supports by planting trees
- Profits from selling trees are exempt from Income Tax and Corporation Tax if the forest is managed for profit
- Commercial woodlands occupied by individuals are exempt from Capital Gains Tax on the sale of growing timber
- Trees on commercial woodland are exempt from stamp duty if they occupy a substantial part of the land and are managed commercially